Friday 17 February 2012

I ♥ Nail Polish


So today I thought I would tell you about one of my biggest obsessions; nail polish. I know I know, some of you may be thinking ‘really!?’ but there is something about it that can make or break any outfit. Naturally I’m a girly girl, I love everything to do with make-up, hair, nails, clothes etc...

My first love was most definitely make-up (I was one of those little girls who used to raid their mums drawers in search of a lipstick to try on or a blusher to apply). Now don’t get me wrong, I am still very much obsessed with cosmetics but it has only been in the last few years that my passion for polish began.  You may be wondering why this sudden obsession, well it’s because after years and years of abusing my nails I finally decided to stop biting and start growing. I’m not joking when I tell you that my mother literally begged me to stop biting (she bit hers well into her twenties and unfortunately they are in a sad way now), and one day I just decided to listen! I went off to a nail salon (only a cheap and cheerful one), had a french manicure and that was probably the best decision I had ever made in regards to my nails. I wanted to keep the manicure on as long as possible seeing as I had shelled out for it and that was the start of my wonderful relationship after many years of abuse, between myself and my nails!!!



So 3 years down the line and I now have pretty decent nails to show for it and I love showing them off! So here is my advice to all of you lovely readers, if you do bite your nails I urge you to stop. Short, stubby, bitten nails just aren’t all that pretty! All it takes is a bit of determination, and more importantly, a couple of coats of polish and you are good to go!

So this is why my nail polish collection grew and grew. I found that if I constantly had colour on my nails I was less inclined to go for a nibble every once in a while (/ all the time!). At first I stuck with the colours I knew best, dark reds, pinks, and a few beige's, but then I became far more adventurous. I am now an avid follower of colour trends and am constantly seeking new and innovative products to try out. So if any of you have any recommendations, send them my way.

Today I have on Marks and Spencer's Essential Colours Nail Polish in Duck Egg:



Have a good weekend x 

No comments:

Post a Comment